Does dell printer work with toshiba satellite laptop?

upset_74

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hooked up Dell 3V05 printer to Toshiba Satellite laptop. Keep getting message when turning on computer to download Microsoft.Netframe Version2.0. When try to download the version says it is all ready downloaded. Some functions don't work, like the Dells tool box, and Dells management don't open....

cklaubur

Distinguished
The printer itself should work with any brand of computer, assuming you have the correct drivers installed for your version of Windows. Unless Dell has changed their supplier, your printer is likely a rebadged Lexmark.

As for your error (a .NET Framework error if I am understanding you correctly), have you tried to uninstall your currently installed framework and reinstalling it?

Casey

upset_74

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hi Casey, Wouldn't have any idea how to uninstall my current installed framework. The printer does print but everytime I bring up computer I get the message that microsoft Net Framework 2.0 version needs to be downloaded. When tried to download, it says it is all ready there.
Thanks Sandy

It's probably saying that the file you downloaded is there, not that it was installed. Go to add/remove programs see if .net 2 is there. If it is uninstall it, reboot, download .net 2 again, install it, reboot.