Does Dell really have a bad service? even as of today? April 2015

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara_30

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Yes i did and told them the tag when they asked. If they had no intention to help they could have said so, and they didnt. my point is they could have helped or just send me away, instead of giving me wrong information.

rgd1101

Don't

I mean to look for the info yourselves. they do have a dell support website

Solrac Oreca

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
This thread has been pretty steamy with Dell's customer support and I get that now, after a year with my Dell laptop, wifi card issues and display issues are arising randomly. I'm over my warranty and yes as expected, local dell support declines to replace my display or even offer any remedy to fix my wifi card.

Ranting aside, I agree with Dell's business department offering much better support and deals than their individual customer buyers. This is because my school gets Dell units fixed almost always and they get their updates every semester or two.

One thing is for sure guys, most of us are never going to buy any expensive products from Dell again. ( Though the recent Dell Inspiron 7559 sure is reviewed quite nicely, must stop the urge)

aaron1245

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
worst possible service ive ever experienced when i call i expect to to get tranfered cold to about 8-10 dept. to restart the process over and over from beginning with nothing passed by agent they pushed me aside the whole year of warrenty and i finally fought them to take my alienware 15 for repair where it turned to be the motherboard now with a faulty motherboard any component plugged into it could have permanent damage and id expect to fail shortly after i expressed my concern and was dismissed and ignored finally getting a supervisor to escalate my concern the aw dept has no record of this i forwarded the exact convo to him from my email and i was told it was nothing of the sort and dismissed again they are very rude when contacting aw tech support and dont be fulled by the big blue letters that say reply to this if not completely satisfied its just for show they dont actually care about their customers i never thought i would be writing this as i thought it was the service i payed for but in reality i should have build a better computer custom for less the service is a scam and if you put that many hours on the phone with them to get no help you might as well work at a call center and get your money back

Robyn_6

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Don't support Dell. As of Today March 19, 2017 their customer service/tech support is still AWFUL. Waster 40 minute and they wouldn't/couldn't even help me get my new laptop to start up :(

WOLF68

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I know it's a little late, but here is my experience if anyone sees this:
1st Call:
I ordered 3 computers for a small business. I was promised some parts by the sales guy. The computers came in and did not have the parts I was promised. I called and it took over 30 minutes for them to decide that they did owe me 1/2 the parts. The other half was a different department..... I was transferred the the wrong department; who transferred me to another wrong department; who transferred me to the operator! And the Operator transferred me to another wrong department. I've spent over an hour and still have not resolved the issue. I had to Get PISSED for the first person to correct the first 1/2 of the issues. I was missing DP to DVI adapters, and the recovery media. They wanted me to buy the DP to DVI adapters that I though I had already purchased (glad they figured out they owe it to me). Now NOBODY seams to know who can help me with the recovery media. Oh and 1 of the computers came in with corrupt OS. So I cant even use it yet because I DON'T have what I ordered, so I can't just reload it myself!!! I was on the phone 2 days ago (Saturday) and Tech support didn't even have the computers in the system yet, So they couldn't verify warranty.... #$%@#$% Three day old computers are under warranty! Especially with a 3 year warranty purchased. I still have to call back to get the recovery media.... They did take care of the non booting computer. they are supposed to send me a new hard drive (though recovery media would have done the same thing).... Just pissed. I shouldn't have to get pissed to get what I was promised. It shouldn't take an hour to get what you are promised.

2nd Call (same day):
Over an 1.5 hours... (over 2hr 45min for both calls). I have lost track of how many transfers after the 13th transfer. After my 2nd over 1hour call I was finally was able to get ahold of a Manager who helped (after arguing they couldn't help). I did have to wait over 24hours for them to approve it.

The parts came in:
the DP to DVI they sent weren’t the adapters that come with every other Dell I've ordered, they were a full 6’ cable, not a big deal, but did cause me to have to rerun cables through a desk.
Also, they sent me only 1 of the recovery media. I only need one, but all three of them were supposed to come with it according to the sales guy. I am fine with one so I am not going to argue with them over two of something I do not need.

Overall:
I’ve been doing IT support for over 17 years, have purchased countless Dells through different contracts over the years, and have always recommended DELL. I know 1 of my contracts was over 300/year, but that is only 1 of the companies. However, NOT ANY MORE!!!!!! Now I have to go through the trouble of finding another company to recommend to my customers. I cannot have this type of issue when working with customers in the future. Just because I'm a small business, and many of my customers are too. Dell's standard support has NEVER been as bad as it is now. It is hard to get ahold of a manager, and they absolutely DO NOT care about the customer any more. In business, you deliver what you promise, no arguments…. even if it cost you more than your profit. You should always deliver above and beyond customer expectations. If you promise it, you do it!

acber2

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I agree Dell is not what it once was.

I bought a Dell computer a year and a half ago. It has been used by myself and my children to complete their school work and now the hard drive is bad. There was not many hours on it at all. I called Dell on 6/30/17 and I was told I could purchase a hard drive for $80-$100. I did not have my credit card with me and told them I would call back in the afternoon. When I called back, they new quote was $160 from K. Ruth. Really? I paid $317 for the computer and the hard drive was half that an hour ago. After speaking with Dell, K. Ruth called me back 30 minutes later and surprise, it was $100! I purchase it and shared my concern that I did not want to spend any more than this, otherwise I would buy a new computer.

I received the hard drive on 7/5/17 and called Dell for assistance to install the hard drive. Manish was very helpful and after installing the hard drive he said I would need to install the backup programs. He told me I needed to purchase a USB for $20, but was willing to waive the shipping since I was not informed about this fee last week. Then he suggested that I pay $89 for a ONE TIME service call to install it. If I wanted the one-year service package that was $280.00. Really? Why wasn’t this shared with me from the beginning? Now I am stuck! I purchased the one-time service plus $20 and scheduled a call for 7/7/17. Now I am in over $200.

Package came on 7/7/17, followed by the service call by Purbita, who was extremely short. She could not resolve the issue and was unsuccessful with accessing the USB and then I was disconnected. I called back and spoke to Bilal. He did all the same things, and decided the USB was bad. He scheduled another call with Purbita for 7/8/17 and told me to that I would probably have to order a new USB with her. I asked for him to save me the time (2 hours on the phone with Dell alone that day) and order it then, but he declined and passed the buck back to Purbita.

I bought a DELL because I thought they were good, but they’re not, and the customer service is awful. I feel scammed and will tell as many people about this as possible. Over a week later, more than 4 hours of phone calls and over $200, I still do not have a working computer.

Mar 5, 2018
Wish I read this before buying DELL

I'm starting new business and I thought I need a nice better server dedicated computer than normal desktop as server.
I bought T30, as its kind of suit my needs and budget.

I like that it has multiple hard disk bay, that I start to fill it with 2TB HDD x 3, it work fine, I like it.

But then i notice it getting kind a slow, that I think to upgrade the RAM.
I bought 2 RAM Memory stick, which I believe compatible with the server. I've read all the ram stick specification, requirement.
After plug the RAM in its slot, the motherboard start emitting fire!

I wonder if it due to faulty RAM slot, or the Power Supply Unit simply doesn't give enough power to power all the part, HDD and RAM stick x2
nevertheless since it's only 2 month old, I request warranty to CHECK, in which they don't even give a damn,
and blame it to the memory stick.

if the problem really due to memory stick I buy, I would suck it as my bad luck
but I cant accept without thorough diagnose as DELL maybe at mistake here for having faulty hardware

Dell is already more expensive compared to other brand,
I expect better or at least good service, but its seems not there.

I would not recommend DELL in the future :/

Status
Not open for further replies.