Does different graphics card affect mining performance?

konpcheung2112

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
If I tries to mining with a EVGA GTX 1060 OC 3GB and the same model with no factory OC, does it affect performance on mining? And should I OC them?Second question, aprrx. how much am I gonna make in a month if I run them 24/7?

Solution
Greetings!

Overclocking can definitely increase your hash rate performance, and you can stand to make around $60 to $70 (not considering power use/cost) a month per card at today's rate...though it could easily change tomorrow:)

Hope this helps!

Albionm00n

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Greetings!

Overclocking can definitely increase your hash rate performance, and you can stand to make around $60 to $70 (not considering power use/cost) a month per card at today's rate...though it could easily change tomorrow:)

Hope this helps!

Solution

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I just purchased the same card, and using EVGA's Precision X OC utility have upped my hash rate about 20%. Still monitoring the power, and may back off of that a bit. I think a slight oc will be worth it in the long run, and it is pretty easy to do. At the moment the pool I am in says my single card is making $2.63 in revenue per day but it swings between $1.50 and $3.00. Power draw is 104 watts, which translates to 119 from the wall, or $.17 a day (I have cheap electricity).