[SOLVED] Does downloading from OneDrive give the uploader my name?

audioh

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
I went into a link of someone who shared his file on OneDrive and I saw my username and all at the top corner. Does it give him my username when I download his file?

Solution
It shouldn't, only that the names that came up are due to the fact that you're logged into OneDrive. If the privileges are set that way, anyone can download a file without asking for permission. If permission needs to be sought, then the uploader will be notified of the user trying to download the file/content.

Lutfij

Titan
It shouldn't, only that the names that came up are due to the fact that you're logged into OneDrive. If the privileges are set that way, anyone can download a file without asking for permission. If permission needs to be sought, then the uploader will be notified of the user trying to download the file/content.

Solution

audioh

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
Alright, no permission was required to download, so I'm assuming it didn't notify the user. Thank you! :)