Does electricial tape cause static?

kaden golda

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
I want to tape an extra hdd since i have used all 4 slots and also want to tidy up the cables using thr electricical tape. I assume it doesnt cause static since its for electricians and feels like rubber. Any help? Thanks in advanced!

Solution
nice one .. I would of thought cheap vinal [black] tape could ?? I guess you got to look at whats covered and how well made the tape is like known name brand over cheap no brand china made ??

I looked at this and did not come upo with anything quick but this maybe as a guide ??

[under tape performance ]

''Anti-static/ESD Control - Anti-static tapes or ESD control tapes consist of conductive, foil or metallized backings and are used in applications requiring control static charges or electrostatic dissipation (ESD).''

http://www.globalspec.com/learnmore/manufacturing_process_equipment/stock_fabricated_materials_components/cable_electrical_tapes

maybe contact a company like 3M or a known name brand to see what they say on there...
nice one .. I would of thought cheap vinal [black] tape could ?? I guess you got to look at whats covered and how well made the tape is like known name brand over cheap no brand china made ??

I looked at this and did not come upo with anything quick but this maybe as a guide ??

[under tape performance ]

''Anti-static/ESD Control - Anti-static tapes or ESD control tapes consist of conductive, foil or metallized backings and are used in applications requiring control static charges or electrostatic dissipation (ESD).''

http://www.globalspec.com/learnmore/manufacturing_process_equipment/stock_fabricated_materials_components/cable_electrical_tapes

maybe contact a company like 3M or a known name brand to see what they say on there tapes ??

I feel that for cable management just to bundle up cables all should be ok to use ?? small zip ties or Velcro straps [what I now use] should work as well

I think if you could use a zip tie or 2 to mount the hdd may be a better deal overall there cheap

Solution