Does Epson RX600 have borderless printing?

Mike

Splendid

I am trying to decide between the Epson RX500 and RX600. The RX500
clearly states that it has borderless printing on all sizes. The
literature does not state this on the RX600. Anyone know if the
borderless printing is on all sizes for the RX600? I am leaning
towards the RX600 for the ability to scan slides directly to a secure
digital card and the use of the larger LCD but I'm not sure I want to
give up the borderless printing if it isn't available.

Thanks.

In article <30ce2334.0404251212.3764b36e@posting.google.com>, mike wrote:
> I am trying to decide between the Epson RX500 and RX600. The RX500
> clearly states that it has borderless printing on all sizes. The
> literature does not state this on the RX600. Anyone know if the
> borderless printing is on all sizes for the RX600? I am leaning
> towards the RX600 for the ability to scan slides directly to a secure
> digital card and the use of the larger LCD but I'm not sure I want to
> give up the borderless printing if it isn't available.

The RX500 can also scan directly to memory card, but I prefer to
use the control of the computer any time.

So what you are paying for is a 2" LCD monitor. Personally I
do not need it as I have an LCD monitor in my camera, and uses
my computer anyway. but I prefer to
use the control of the computer any time.

So what you are paying for is a 2" LCD monitor. Personally I
do not need it as I have an LCD monitor in my camera, and uses
my computer anyway.

The Epson RX500 gives good results, but be forewarned that the ink
management is a big pain. Epson is using a patented chip on their
cartridges, and will not recognize the chips from after marketers.
People are prying off the chips from the OEM cartridges and reattaching
them to the replacements. Also, the internal geometry of the cartridge is
horribly complex, making refilling a real challenge. I'm kind of sorry now that
I bought the RX500 (probably the RX600 has the same problem). This may all get
straigtened out in the future, but be prepared to wait a long time until it
does.

Sherwin D.

In article <408CA51D.682B03C7@comcast.net>, Sherwin Dubren wrote:
> The Epson RX500 gives good results, but be forewarned that the ink
> management is a big pain. Epson is using a patented chip on their
> cartridges, and will not recognize the chips from after marketers.
> People are prying off the chips from the OEM cartridges and reattaching
> them to the replacements. Also, the internal geometry of the cartridge is
> horribly complex, making refilling a real challenge. I'm kind of sorry now that
> I bought the RX500 (probably the RX600 has the same problem). This may all get
> straigtened out in the future, but be prepared to wait a long time until it
> does.

Here in Denmark you can buy 3rd party for 55-60% the price of the original.