[SOLVED] Does every ram run on its stock speed?

Hi,my friend is buying this ram HyperX Predator 8gb 3200mhz CL16 and this mobo Aorus B450 Elite and Ryzen 5 1600AF so i was wondering if the ram will automatically run on 3200mhz or on 2133mhz?
I've heard some ram sticks are supposed to run at lets say 3000mhz,but they run at 2133mhz from the first boot.Is that true?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
They run at the highest speed supported by either the MB/CPU or the RAM (Modern computers the memory controller is on the CPU and speed can vary there). If you have mixed RAM modules it will run at the speed of the slowest module. So very often they don't run at the advertised speed. But the performance difference is actually minor because other timings (latency) improve at the lower speeds and make up most of the loss anyway. It's very common for vendors to sell faster RAM for older computers because that's what's available now knowing it will run at the correct "slower" speed.
If you're doing overclockinh then the RAM will usually speed up with the CPU and faster than normal RAM will be needed then.
They run at the highest speed supported by either the MB/CPU or the RAM (Modern computers the memory controller is on the CPU and speed can vary there). If you have mixed RAM modules it will run at the speed of the slowest module. So very often they don't run at the advertised speed. But the performance difference is actually minor because other timings (latency) improve at the lower speeds and make up most of the loss anyway. It's very common for vendors to sell faster RAM for older computers because that's what's available now knowing it will run at the correct "slower" speed.
If you're doing overclockinh then the RAM will usually speed up with the CPU and faster than normal RAM will be needed then.

Solution

Furzumz

Reputable
I've heard some ram sticks are supposed to run at lets say 3000mhz,but they run at 2133mhz from the first boot.Is that true?
Thanks in advance.

Technically its true in a sense

I'm not sure if this is the case with all memory but I know some memory will run at a lower speed than whats advertised until you enable XMP (extreme memory profile) in the BIOS

My ram was running lower than the advertised 2666mhz until I enabled XMP, then it started running at its advertised speed

Hi,my friend is buying this ram HyperX Predator 8gb 3200mhz CL16 and this mobo Aorus B450 Elite and Ryzen 5 1600AF so i was wondering if the ram will automatically run on 3200mhz or on 2133mhz?
Thanks in advance.
What you call "the advertized speed" is the highest speed it is supposed to run with XMP enabled in the Bios.
All have a base speed at which they will run without enabling XMP, and it is usually 2133 MHz ( but sometimes 2400 or 2666 MHz).
To go above the base speed, you have to enable XMP.