does factory reset resets all motherboard bios and graphics card bios back to default setting?

Solution
factory reset is only a feature in laptops/smartphones. ive never heard of it in motherboards/pc. if waht you meant by factory reset is resetting your BIOS with CMOS then yes it will reset your OC settings in your BIOS. if you want to do a windows fresh install all over again, you dont need to do that.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
what is your motherboard? cmos reset is usually just for cpu and ram OC tweaks. the gpu is done with your OC software. you ocan uninstall and restart.
be aware that you may have put too much voltage on one of your hardware components that may have damaged them and/or even your motherboard.

kalbong_baliw

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I have msi z270 gaming plus. My highest voltage is 1.350 for 4.9ghz but it failed.
So my question my is if i factory reset my computer, will everything go back to its default settings?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
factory reset is only a feature in laptops/smartphones. ive never heard of it in motherboards/pc. if waht you meant by factory reset is resetting your BIOS with CMOS then yes it will reset your OC settings in your BIOS. if you want to do a windows fresh install all over again, you dont need to do that.

Solution

kalbong_baliw

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Greg Gregorich

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
every motherboard have different ways reset to factory defoults if you have motherboard manual it cover that part or you can check on motherbord website using other device smarthphone for etc.i can be wrong but reseting motherboard settings wont cover your gpu overclocking.hope it helps

TRENDING THREADS