does gaming cause a man to wear glases

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_2___

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
hi I want to know that does gaming on laptop cause to wear glasses or any eye problem and how much time can I play games on laptop

Solution
The need to wear glasses is completely irrelevant to computers.
Some need glasses when they are 4 years old.
Some don't need them when they are over 60.

Trying to find reason/cause between computer screen and it causing you to possibly need glasses is same as comparing global warming to decline in pirates in caribbean sea.
Yes, global warming has been happening since 1600's and yes, amount of piracy has gone down, it must be relevant!!

Yes, poor lighting/such can cause eye strain
Yes, eye strain if you keep on doing it despite that your eyes tell you they are not having fun, can be harmful.
Some could consider it excercise for their eye muscles :p (in a way, this is true)
Will it result in you having to to wear glasses in normal...
IMO, gaming itself does not cause eye strain. It's caused by poor resolution, low refresh rate, incorrect brightness setting and improper distance to the screen among other things. Spending too long in front of the screen without taking a break also contributes to eye strain.

M_2___

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

so how much time I can play games
with lowest brightness of my latop

Having the brightness too low is bad and having it too high is also bad. Like I said there's many things to consider. You need good equipment and you need to take breaks often to rest your eyes (and your back and neck). How long you can spend gaming is different for every person.

M_2___

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

but I feel comfortable using lowest setting of laptop brightness and I usually use my laptop 3 hrs or more a day and use it taking breaks of two to three hours or half an hour is this good or bad for my eyes because I am afraid to wear glasses

The need to wear glasses is completely irrelevant to computers.
Some need glasses when they are 4 years old.
Some don't need them when they are over 60.

Trying to find reason/cause between computer screen and it causing you to possibly need glasses is same as comparing global warming to decline in pirates in caribbean sea.
Yes, global warming has been happening since 1600's and yes, amount of piracy has gone down, it must be relevant!!

Yes, poor lighting/such can cause eye strain
Yes, eye strain if you keep on doing it despite that your eyes tell you they are not having fun, can be harmful.
Some could consider it excercise for their eye muscles :p (in a way, this is true)
Will it result in you having to to wear glasses in normal everyday life? it depends on your genes and eyes.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS