Does GPU usage have to be max?

Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone. I am playing Witcher 3 with Gtx 1080. My GPU can give me like 150 FPS with custom settings. Well I capped my FPS to 120 with rendering.xml file because I want it to be stable. So my GPU usage goes down to %80-85. Is it ok or any damage to GPU? My monitor is 1080p 144 Hz and GPU heat is about 65 C. Thanks everyone!

Solution
Having max GPU usage just means youre getting the most out of your GPU. If you arent hitting your max usage then something is bottlenecking the card. Getting 150 fps is perfect though aslong as you arent expecting more. It wont damage the card in anyway but you just wont be achieving the cards full potential thats all.
Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for your answer @sizzling. People saying GPU usage has to be max or there might be a problem. Well my usage goes max at 150 FPS but you know it is not so stable and a bit laggy.

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017
Having max GPU usage just means youre getting the most out of your GPU. If you arent hitting your max usage then something is bottlenecking the card. Getting 150 fps is perfect though aslong as you arent expecting more. It wont damage the card in anyway but you just wont be achieving the cards full potential thats all.

Solution