Question Does graphic card support to my pc?

shashankv

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
hey, guys, I have a bit confused here, I need to buy a GPU that I like but I don't know whether it supports or not.
MY PC
Processor: Intel Core i& 2600 CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4 Cores, 8 Threads
Code name: SandyBridge
RAM: 8gb DDR3, Channel Dual. Frequency 665.1MHz

GPU I NEED TO BUY
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC Gaming, only 6.8 in, Perfect for mITX Build Graphics Card 06G-P4-6163-KR
Amazon link:https://www.amazon.in/d/B01IPVSLTC/?tag=geniuslink0e-21
My motherboard is
Mercury USB Motherboard (PIH61T)

Amazon link to the motherboard

Last edited:
Physically there shouldn't be any problems, though you'll have to make sure your PSU can handle the required power of the graphics card.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of information about this motherboard. A standard consumer motherboard should be fine. The worry is if it is a motherboard designed for the prebuilt PC market then there is the slight risk of a locked BIOS which may not allow certain upgrades.

Reactions: shashankv

shashankv

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
Physically there shouldn't be any problems, though you'll have to make sure your PSU can handle the required power of the graphics card.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of information about this motherboard. A standard consumer motherboard should be fine. The worry is if it is a motherboard designed for the prebuilt PC market then there is the slight risk of a locked BIOS which may not allow certain upgrades.

It's not a pre-built PC but i can check the power supply for graphic card or i will bring new SMPS