Does having 2 monitors in 1 graphics card decrease performance?

Bubble_Double

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

So i have a gtx 1050 ti, and i was thinking of buying a new monitor that can display 1080p, since the one that i have right now only displays 768p and down. And then i thought of using both of them at the same time. The 1080p for games, and the other one for normal stuff.

Slumy__57

Respectable
Jun 11, 2016
That wouldn't impact your performance much at all, as long as the application you have open in the second monitor isn't very demanding. For example, I used to run ARK on one screen, and Chrome on my other, and the second screen didn't cause a noticeable difference in performance.

However when I got a bunch of tabs open, or watched a youtube video or some more demanding application, it would impact the performance of the game I had up on the other monitor.

I have not found a second monitor to impact gaming performance on the main monitor at all.
I tried the experiment once by installing a second cheap graphics card; I could not tell the difference.

The reason is that a side monitor is relatively static and has little eye candy.

Go ahead and buy your second monitor;
you will find it very useful for browsing, or keeping email or performance monitors open while gaming.

ASK THE COMMUNITY