Does having 2 monitors in 1 graphics card decrease performance?

Solution
That wouldn't impact your performance much at all, as long as the application you have open in the second monitor isn't very demanding. For example, I used to run ARK on one screen, and Chrome on my other, and the second screen didn't cause a noticeable difference in performance.

However when I got a bunch of tabs open, or watched a youtube video or some more demanding application, it would impact the performance of the game I had up on the other monitor.

Bubble_Double

Honorable
Aug 26, 2016

So i have a gtx 1050 ti, and i was thinking of buying a new monitor that can display 1080p, since the one that i have right now only displays 768p and down. And then i thought of using both of them at the same time. The 1080p for games, and the other one for normal stuff.

That wouldn't impact your performance much at all, as long as the application you have open in the second monitor isn't very demanding. For example, I used to run ARK on one screen, and Chrome on my other, and the second screen didn't cause a noticeable difference in performance.

However when I got a bunch of tabs open, or watched a youtube video or some more demanding application, it would impact the performance of the game I had up on the other monitor.

Solution
I have not found a second monitor to impact gaming performance on the main monitor at all.
I tried the experiment once by installing a second cheap graphics card; I could not tell the difference.

The reason is that a side monitor is relatively static and has little eye candy.

Go ahead and buy your second monitor;
you will find it very useful for browsing, or keeping email or performance monitors open while gaming.