[SOLVED] Does having 7 hds in my PC affects its performance?

RenatoN

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
My PC:
Intel® Core™ i7-9800X CPU @ 3.80GHz
ASrock X299 Taichi XE
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
64 Gb RAM.
PSU Corsair RM750x
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

All tasks are performed at Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB.
But besides I connected additional 30tb of different HDs, including one ssd and other 6 regular ones (16tb,8tb, 6 tb, 2tbx3).
Is it a bad choice? Or they will not interfere with the performance of the PC?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
HDDs do use power which could cause issues with powering the rest of your system, and they also create a lot of heat inside your case which could cause thermal throttling.

There is nobody that can tell you for sure, you will have to try and see if you will have issues or not yourself.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the HDD's have any inherent issues(manufacturing defects or shipping damage) that may cause it to operate slow, then yes they can impeded your system's performance(data accessing wise). Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

You state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you working with? Do any of the drives have an older OS installed on it?

HDDs do use power which could cause issues with powering the rest of your system, and they also create a lot of heat inside your case which could cause thermal throttling.

There is nobody that can tell you for sure, you will have to try and see if you will have issues or not yourself.

Reactions: RenatoN
Solution

RenatoN

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the HDD's have any inherent issues(manufacturing defects or shipping damage) that may cause it to operate slow, then yes they can impeded your system's performance(data accessing wise). Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

You state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you working with? Do any of the drives have an older OS installed on it?

Thank you for your reply!!

PSU is Corsair RM750x
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

No OS on any drive

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS