[SOLVED] Does having a 60 hz monitor cause stuttering even if the FPS drops a little ?

Oct 17, 2021
Hello so I've been wondering I have a pretty good pc that can usually run 200fps + or somewhere around that but in games when my fps drops just a little after capping it at 144hz it causes a decent amount of stutter. Am I having this issue because my monitor is only 60 hz ?

Solution
The resolution of my monitor is 1080p
I'll definitely check the percentages. My drive still has over 300GB space left. Yes my nvida driver is up to date. I don't know what bios I'm running ill definitely check that as well. Yes I turned off game bar. I'll try running an sfc scan as well, but after I did all of it and it still doesn't fix is there anything else I can do?
You can try reinstalling the drivers, use DDU uninstaller to remove all the gpu drivers .Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.4.5 (guru3d.com) Then reinstall the Nvidia drivers making sure they are not installed with windows version. You can try reinstalling the game/s that are stuttering. But let's see where we are with gpu and cpu usage...
No, having a 60Hz monitor won't cause stuttering.

The reason you're seeing stuttering yet still seeing high FPS is because FPS meters do an average over a second. You can have a noticeable increase in frame time but still have a high FPS. For example, you could get 100 FPS if you were getting 200 FPS for half a second, then there was a half a second pause.

Endre

Reputable
Hello so I've been wondering I have a pretty good pc that can usually run 200fps + or somewhere around that but in games when my fps drops just a little after capping it at 144hz it causes a decent amount of stutter. Am I having this issue because my monitor is only 60 hz ?

If you own a 60Hz monitor, it would be better to cap your FPS at 60 instead of 144.
You won’t be able to see anything above 60FPS with a 60Hz monitor.
By capping your FPS at 60, your GPU will work less and will deliver smoother images.

Oct 17, 2021
No, having a 60Hz monitor won't cause stuttering.

The reason you're seeing stuttering yet still seeing high FPS is because FPS meters do an average over a second. You can have a noticeable increase in frame time but still have a high FPS. For example, you could get 100 FPS if you were getting 200 FPS for half a second, then there was a half a second pause.
So is there any way to fix this stuttering I never had stuttering in this game I play but I am suddenly experiencing it

Oct 17, 2021
If you own a 60Hz monitor, it would be better to cap your FPS at 60 instead of 144.
You won’t be able to see anything above 60FPS with a 60Hz monitor.
By capping your FPS at 60, your GPU will work less and will deliver smoother images.
But than wouldn't I experience input lag?

What games do you play? What is the resolution of your monitor? If you know how to use Msi Afterburner you can monitor the gpu and cpu usage during gaming. What are the percentages? How full is your drive? Is your NVidia driver up to date? What bios are you running on your motherboard? Have you turned off the game bar in windows? You can run sfc/ scannow to check your windows files. Also run an antivirus check for malware. There are many troubleshooting items to check off sorry.

Oct 17, 2021
What games do you play? What is the resolution of your monitor? If you know how to use Msi Afterburner you can monitor the gpu and cpu usage during gaming. What are the percentages? How full is your drive? Is your NVidia driver up to date? What bios are you running on your motherboard? Have you turned off the game bar in windows? You can run sfc/ scannow to check your windows files. Also run an antivirus check for malware. There are many troubleshooting items to check off sorry.
I'll definitely check the percentages. My drive still has over 300GB space left. Yes my nvida driver is up to date. I don't know what bios I'm running ill definitely check that as well. Yes I turned off game bar. I'll try running an sfc scan as well, but after I did all of it and it still doesn't fix is there anything else I can do?
Edit: I really only play val and league so my system should be able to handle it

You can try reinstalling the drivers, use DDU uninstaller to remove all the gpu drivers .Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.4.5 (guru3d.com) Then reinstall the Nvidia drivers making sure they are not installed with windows version. You can try reinstalling the game/s that are stuttering. But let's see where we are with gpu and cpu usage first. Also run malware/virus check. You can also use CCcleaner to clean unwanted files and probably thousand of trackers. USE FREE VERSION. Download (ccleaner.com)

Solution

Latest posts