[SOLVED] Does having a HDMI to VGA cable affect FPS

rusgames2

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
To give context, previously I had 2x 980ti GTX cards, so I ran them with SLI. In Witcher 3, I normally got around 110 FPS in the open world. Recently I have upgraded to an AMD 6600 XT, and have tried playing Witcher 3 but instead of the expected 144 fps, I get 55-80FPS. The small caveat is that previously I ran the 2 980 ti's through a VGA cable because my screen didnt support HDMI ( I know, its ridiculous but I didnt know any better). Now that I have a AMD 6600 XT, I want to upgrade to a newer display, but in the meantime I am still using my old one through a hdmi to VGA cable. Could this be the reason for the low FPS or should I be troubleshooting elsewhear? Thanks for any help.
EDIT: This is the display im using S24A450BW.

My Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
GPU 2x 980ti GTX (its in SLI)
1000w psu corsair

Solution
To give context, previously I had 2x 980ti GTX cards, so I ran them with SLI. In Witcher 3, I normally got around 110 FPS in the open world. Recently I have upgraded to an AMD 6600 XT, and have tried playing Witcher 3 but instead of the expected 144 fps, I get 55-80FPS. The small caveat is that previously I ran the 2 980 ti's through a VGA cable because my screen didnt support HDMI ( I know, its ridiculous but I didnt know any better). Now that I have a AMD 6600 XT, I want to upgrade to a newer display, but in the meantime I am still using my old one through a hdmi to VGA cable. Could this be the reason for the low FPS or should I be troubleshooting elsewhear? Thanks for any help.

My...
Sep 10, 2021

My Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
GPU 2x 980ti GTX (its in SLI)
1000w psu corsair
Check the power consumption in games.In games, I have a low power draw of 6600 and due to this low fps, but in tests everything is fine. In tests, it produces 135 watts, but in games it reaches a maximum of 60 watts.

Solution

rusgames2

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
Check the power consumption in games.In games, I have a low power draw of 6600 and due to this low fps, but in tests everything is fine. In tests, it produces 135 watts, but in games it reaches a maximum of 60 watts.
Heyo! Thanks for the advice, would you know a way to exactly measure the power usage? Task Manager just says "Very high" for the power usage
EDIT. I founf it, and I get 125W usage in Witcher, so I'm not sure that its a low power draw problem.

Last edited: