[SOLVED] Does having a low end monitor affect your gaming?

xTopSlayerxTKH

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Well I have a samsung 60hz monitor that i got from office max. and a pc that is decently okay. and i just recently watched a benchmark video for the gpu and wondered why i cant do the same thing as them. bf5 for example i cant run it without major screen tear and it sucks.. low settings cant do.. but in the benchmark the guy was running the game on high settings with no problem

Solution
So many questions here....

Does your system specs (CPU,GPU,RAM) match the person's in the video you're referring to?

What are your system specs?

Yes, screen tearing is an issue with fixed refresh rate monitors. Turn on VSync.

Yes, better (higher refresh rate) monitors do improve YOUR performance in games that require fast reaction times (first person shooters for example)
So many questions here....

Does your system specs (CPU,GPU,RAM) match the person's in the video you're referring to?

What are your system specs?

Yes, screen tearing is an issue with fixed refresh rate monitors. Turn on VSync.

Yes, better (higher refresh rate) monitors do improve YOUR performance in games that require fast reaction times (first person shooters for example)

Solution