[SOLVED] Does having more case fans reduce performance

Aug 26, 2021
Hi I am Neal and I stay in India recently I just updated my systems cooling by adding 3 more case fans to it will it affect the gaming or the overall performance of the pc
My specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1050ti
1-crucial Bx 240gb ssd
1-seagate hdd 7200rpm
6-case fans(out of which three are argb and the rest are pwm)
16gb single channel 2600mhz ram
450v power supply
B450 vdh max motherboard by msi

Solution
To be more specific, most mobo fan headers can supply up to 1.0 A max to the fans connected to that header. So you can use a Splitter to connect more than one fan to one header, subject to this limit. Each fan should have a max current shown on its label. IF the label only shows WATTS, then Watts = Volts (max) x Amps, so the max Amps the fan can use is the Watts divided by 12. Usually it's from 0.10 to 0.25 A. per fan.

For your ARGB fans, they have TWO separate cables. Only one of these it for the FAN part, and only the fan's Amp rating is required for this calculation. The power for the lights in the frames comes from a different header via a second cable.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
To be more specific, most mobo fan headers can supply up to 1.0 A max to the fans connected to that header. So you can use a Splitter to connect more than one fan to one header, subject to this limit. Each fan should have a max current shown on its label. IF the label only shows WATTS, then Watts = Volts (max) x Amps, so the max Amps the fan can use is the Watts divided by 12. Usually it's from 0.10 to 0.25 A. per fan.

For your ARGB fans, they have TWO separate cables. Only one of these it for the FAN part, and only the fan's Amp rating is required for this calculation. The power for the lights in the frames comes from a different header via a second cable.

Solution
I just updated my systems cooling by adding 3 more case fans to it will it affect the gaming or the overall performance of the pc?
if you consider system temperatures related to performance than yes,
a cooler system would be performing better.

if you were being throttled by high temperatures and you are adding fans that will alleviate these high temperatures than definitely yes.

will it reduce performance, no.