[SOLVED] Does i3-4160 support 1080p@60Hz video via HDMI?

Sep 6, 2021
Hello everyone. Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm a bit of a noob.
I have an i3-4160 CPU, the specs say that it supports 4096x2304@24Hz if I were to use HDMI to hook up my monitor. However, I have a monitor with a max resolution of 1080p and a 60Hz refresh rate. Will I be able to hook it up via HDMI at 60Hz if the resolution is 1080p, not 4K? Which cable do I need to buy, 1.4 or 1.4a?
Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you mention the make and model of your motherboard? If the motherboard you own has a DP or VGA output, you can use that to get 60Hz at 1080p, not off the HDMI, regardless of what cable you use. Make and model of your display that you want to work with(as well)?

Sep 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you mention the make and model of your motherboard? If the motherboard you own has a DP or VGA output, you can use that to get 60Hz at 1080p, not off the HDMI, regardless of what cable you use. Make and model of your display that you want to work with(as well)?
Motherboard is MSI H81M-P32L (RTL) LGA1150 H81
Monitor is BenQ EW2420

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021
VGA is analog which is usually lesser quality.
Gaming performance will be poor.
And no speaker support on the monitor with vga.
Look for something like a GT1030 and use the hdmi output.
I won't be playing any games, but I do have speakers on the monitor. So does that mean that the PC will be of no use? I haven't bought the PC itself yet. If I were to buy an adapter from VGA to HMDI, would that help with the sound? Or should I just buy a set of speakers, if monitor-integrated speakers are usually not very good?