Question Does i5 9400F support OC for RAM(3200Mhz) if mobo is gigabyte Z370M D3H?

Sep 23, 2019
Does i5 9400F support OC for RAM(3200Mhz) if mobo is gigabyte Z370M D3H?
Or what will be better for low budget mobo with i5 9400F with two M.2 gen3X4 port because I need two NVMe SSD.
Thanks.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The CPU can run the memory up to the speeds the motherboard can support, and the motherboard supports:
Support for DDR4 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules

Also why do you need 2xNVMe SSD?
What is your budget and how much size?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
But why NVMe drives and not normal SATA drives that would be cheaper for larger capacity?

Your response of 'Just because...' doesn't really provide us enough information to help validate what is required.

And if you are running a database server, why are you not choosing workstation or server-grade hardware rather than budget desktop hardware?

Sep 23, 2019
But why NVMe drives and not normal SATA drives that would be cheaper for larger capacity?

Your response of 'Just because...' doesn't really provide us enough information to help validate what is required.

And if you are running a database server, why are you not choosing workstation or server-grade hardware rather than budget desktop hardware?
Actually I need 2 SSD for large sql Database.

Sep 23, 2019

Im a developer and I play games too.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
OK, so why not SATA SSDs which are typically larger than NVMe drives for the same cost?

You've now answered my main question that this is a hobbyist machine and not a system-critical computer.

My question then stands on why not use SATA SSDs for greater capacity over NVMe drives if this is for your use?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
While the board may support it, in my experience locked processors won't always run ram over 3000mhz. To be honest you will see little performance difference in that extra 200mhz, you may as well save a few bucks.

As well wonding about why in the world you need 1tb+1tb M.2 drives, please don't say you plan to RAID them, its an awful idea.

Sep 23, 2019

Im a developer I play games too.
Does i5 9400F support OC for RAM(3200Mhz) if mobo is gigabyte Z370M D3H?
Or what will be better for low budget mobo with i5 9400F with two M.2 gen3X4 port because I need two NVMe SSD.
Thanks.

I found what I was looking for
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-M-GAMING-rev-10#kf

It has two M.2 ports, one CNVI port and also two PCI x16 port. Finally it meets my budget.
Thanks to all.