Does increasing the Power Limit decrease the stability of the overclock?

May 5, 2018
I currently have an RX 480 8GB, I7-3770, and I’ve been trying to overclock for about 3 days. I’ve got my settings, and because of a tutorial that I watched, I turned my power limit up to the max. After a few tests, and many downgrades for my OC, I keep on crashing Heaven sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after 1 and a half hours. After looking online I think it could be because of the power limit, but I wanted to ask you guys to see if have encountered something similar.

Solution
Yes, increasing the voltage can, in some cases, decrease stability. This is because more voltage == more heat. So while in many cases adding voltage should increase stability, if the heat produced by that increase is more than the potential stability provided by the voltage, it can actually cause instability. I would suggest starting at stock settings and working your way up (increasing voltage when necessary if I feel comfortable doing so). That's how I typically overclock.
May 5, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from underspy101 : "How to stabilise the OC"

Hey, I’m currently overclocking my graphics card, and I have my settings but I still can’t get it stable after around 3 days. Can you help me out please? If you need some more info please let me know

Oct 7, 2018
Yes, increasing the voltage can, in some cases, decrease stability. This is because more voltage == more heat. So while in many cases adding voltage should increase stability, if the heat produced by that increase is more than the potential stability provided by the voltage, it can actually cause instability. I would suggest starting at stock settings and working your way up (increasing voltage when necessary if I feel comfortable doing so). That's how I typically overclock.

Solution