Aug 6, 2013
right now I have
ssd sumsung evo 850 120 GB which ill instal my windows 8.1 on it
also I have wd20ezrx green 2 tb which ill use it for my media and programs
now
I want to buy also the western digital blue WD10EZEX 1tb to use for my games
(I don't have it yet )

now can I instal my OS on my ssd and my programs my media on my wd green tb

and then in the next weeks buy the western digital blue and start installing my games

or it is better to wait and instal all the drives at the same time ?

Solution
Hey there, Randa!

No. Installing a new hard drive doesn't affect Windows negatively as long as it is installed properly. It doesn't really matter when you install your secondary HDDs, as long as the OS is on the primary SSD. The most important thing to keep in mind is to NOT have any of the secondary HDDs plugged in your system while you are installing Windows on the SSD. Otherwise, you'd most probably end up having boot issues because Windows gets confused and often installs system files on the secondary HDDs if they are plugged in. So make sure only the SSD is plugged until you complete the Windows installation.

You can start installing the OS and the programs right now or wait until you get your WD Blue. Either way, it won't...
Hey there, Randa!

No. Installing a new hard drive doesn't affect Windows negatively as long as it is installed properly. It doesn't really matter when you install your secondary HDDs, as long as the OS is on the primary SSD. The most important thing to keep in mind is to NOT have any of the secondary HDDs plugged in your system while you are installing Windows on the SSD. Otherwise, you'd most probably end up having boot issues because Windows gets confused and often installs system files on the secondary HDDs if they are plugged in. So make sure only the SSD is plugged until you complete the Windows installation.

You can start installing the OS and the programs right now or wait until you get your WD Blue. Either way, it won't affect negatively on your OS.
Here are some links with tutorials on how to setup your SSD boot drive with secondary HDDs:
http://www.overclock.net/t/664738/how-to-setup-ssd-boot-drive-with-secondary-hard-disc-optimization
http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have more questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution