[SOLVED] Does installing fans help decrease the temps or make it worse on a PC with Solid front panels?

Aug 10, 2021
My PC case has a solid front panel and I wish to install 2 fans ( 1 inlet and 1 exhaust) to decrease the temperatures. I know front panels are supposed to have mesh to increase air flow but mine is solid. Does installing the 2 fans help decrease the temps or make it worse?

Solution
Front fans can hurt depending on the chassis' design.
A real good example is the Bitfenix Enzo, which, if the user used front intake fans - since the fans couldn't 'breathe', what they'd do then is 'grab' the already warmed air inside the chassis and recirculate it over and over...

NZXT's H500 is another one. This one was designed around negative pressure(exhaust > intake), and the installation of front intakes works against that design to the point that it either changed nothing(it's possible neutral pressure was achieved), or made thermals worse.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Front fans can hurt depending on the chassis' design.
A real good example is the Bitfenix Enzo, which, if the user used front intake fans - since the fans couldn't 'breathe', what they'd do then is 'grab' the already warmed air inside the chassis and recirculate it over and over...

NZXT's H500 is another one. This one was designed around negative pressure(exhaust > intake), and the installation of front intakes works against that design to the point that it either changed nothing(it's possible neutral pressure was achieved), or made thermals worse.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
it appears you can see into case from front so that might give you some air flow

that is a strange design

one on front and one on back should help

why does it have a case stand on its left side?
or am I looking at it wrong?

gfJiIgX.jpeg