Question Does Integrated CPU matter for netbook motherboard?

ravin_29

Commendable
Mar 24, 2019
Hi,
My X200MA netbook has died. Service center confined motherboard is dead and needs replacement but they do not have spares right now for this model which is now almost 5 years old. I have however found a compatible motherboard on an online website for sale.
I do not remember what was the original CPU, I did not take snapshots of Speccy or CPU-Z ever.
However it was some Intel CPU with about 2.x Ghz speed. I guess it was N2840.

I find that there's a matching motherboard online and it says Intel N3520 CPU.
So my question is does the CPU really matter? As long as CPU + Board is working, should that be enough? All I am expecting is a working system, not much concerned about performance.
As far as the circuit board is concerned the laptop only has a Motherboard & IO Board. That's it. CPU & RAM are already integrated on the motherboard, can not be manually installed.
Thanks.

Hi,
My X200MA netbook has died. Service center confined motherboard is dead and needs replacement but they do not have spares right now for this model which is now almost 5 years old. I have however found a compatible motherboard on an online website for sale.
I do not remember what was the original CPU, I did not take snapshots of Speccy or CPU-Z ever.
However it was some Intel CPU with about 2.x Ghz speed. I guess it was N2840.

I find that there's a matching motherboard online and it says Intel N3520 CPU.
So my question is does the CPU really matter? As long as CPU + Board is working, should that be enough? All I am expecting is a working system, not much concerned about performance.
As far as the circuit board is concerned the laptop only has a Motherboard & IO Board. That's it. CPU & RAM are already integrated on the motherboard, can not be manually installed.
Thanks.
Does it matter to what ? "Compatible" in laptops usually means identical.

ravin_29

Commendable
Mar 24, 2019
Does it matter to what ?
I mean can a motherboard with N2840 CPU be replaced with another motherboard with N3520 CPU and is designed for X200MA laptop? The CPU+RAM+Mobo is the only component apart from IOboard when it comes to internal parts in the laptop. Thanks