[SOLVED] Does it matter at all if I pair a motherboard with a gpu made by a different manufacturer?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I’m planning to buy the MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi and a custom RX 5700 XT once they release. I’m expecting ASUS to release an ROG STRIX variation of the RX 5700 XT which will also probably be one of the best variations available. However I feel a bit uneasy about pairing it with an MSI motherboard, but that probably has to do with my OCD. I’m trying to prioritize performance, and there aren’t really any ASUS motherboards that have everything I want without being too expensive, besides maybe the TUF X570 WiFi, but I want a future proof motherboard and I feel like the Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi is more future proof than the TUF X570 WiFi (please correct me if I’m wrong). Anyway, is there any reason performance wise as to why it would be better to pair a motherboard and gpu that are both made by the same manufacturer?

Solution
D
No. And there is no such thing as future proofing. It doesn’t make much difference in mobo pairing Unless the motherboards are made for overclocking or some special duty
D

Deleted member 14196

No. And there is no such thing as future proofing. It doesn’t make much difference in mobo pairing Unless the motherboards are made for overclocking or some special duty

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc
Solution

TRENDING THREADS