• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Does it matter what cable i use ? or need a specific one ?

Azizinum

Honorable
May 18, 2014
Hello guys ,i recently got the asus vg27aq and the one i've got is "type F to c5" ,but the socket i've got here is "type G to c5" should i just buy any cable and things will go fine "type G to c5" ,or stick with the original one came with the monitor and buy an adapter? silly question but i'm extremely noob when it come to cables,plug fuse and electricity.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello guys ,i recently got the asus vg27aq and the one i've got is "type F to c5" ,but the socket i've got here is "type G to c5" should i just buy any cable and things will go fine "type G to c5" ,or stick with the original one came with the monitor and buy an adapter? silly question but i'm extremely noob when it come to cables,plug fuse and electricity.
The "C5" end is the monitor. The monitor supports 100 - 240VAC, as long as your mains power falls in that range you should be OK with the G to C5 cable.

Azizinum

Honorable
May 18, 2014
The "C5" end is the monitor. The monitor supports 100 - 240VAC, as long as your mains power falls in that range you should be OK with the G to C5 cable.
Thanks for the reply, the thing i'm confused about is that do cables have different types and fuse within ? or it doesn't matter and just buy whatever in the tech shop as "c5 to G" and make it aday?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS