Question Does it matter what power adapter to use with new toothbrush ?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I've got a new electric toothbrush but it doesn't come with any adapter. My last toothbrush has failed in less than 3 years of use which iss significantly lower than what I see for other, some said their electric toothbrush lasted for decades. My question is if it really matter what power adapter to use? Will it affect the service life of the battery if inappropriate adapter with different power/voltage input/output is used

I've got a new electric toothbrush but it doesn't come with any adapter. My last toothbrush has failed in less than 3 years of use which iss significantly lower than what I see for other, some said their electric toothbrush lasted for decades. My question is if it really matter what power adapter to use? Will it affect the service life of the battery if inappropriate adapter with different power/voltage input/output is used
Sometimes it would, sometime it wont. I usually prefer to get the adaptor with the same Voltage and Current as the original ones.

Make & model of your new toothbrush ?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Make & model of your new toothbrush ?
I have a lot of adapters from old mobile phones so I don't want to buy a new one and I don't even know where to buy a compatible one because I don't know about current and voltage stuff, since my last toothbrush failed so fast so I want to take care of the battery better this time

The new toothbrush is Philips sonicare 4100 HX3681/24, is it just fine to use any old USB adapter

Last edited:
I have a lot of adapters from old mobile phones so I don't want to buy a new one and I don't even know where to buy a compatible one because I don't know about current and voltage stuff, since my last toothbrush failed so fast so I want to take care of the battery better this time

The new toothbrush is Philips sonicare 4100 HX3681/24, is it just fine to use any old USB adapter
Considering the charging base uses USB Type A, this basically limits it to standard 5V USB ports. So basically any bog standard USB Type A charger should be fine.

The charger or packaging should say what it wants though.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
IPX4 is a water resistance rating. It does not affect whether or not you can charge the device.

They're saying this because the toothbrush is likely going to be in a place close to water.

So is any adapter that can connect appropriately is just fine and shouldn't ruin the battery life?

The toothbrush itself has the battery control/protection and charge circuitry built in that regulates the power going into and out of the battery.

As long as the power supply you use is of decent quality and supplies stable power, it will not impact battery longevity.

Reactions: Satan-IR

TRENDING THREADS