[SOLVED] Does it matter

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
which display port of the two on my GPU I use to connect to the monitor? Does one always have more "priority" than the other, and hence better performance?

Same for HDMI?

Solution
But I always heard that some monitors and TVs came with multiple and different HDMI ports, and that we had to be careful to be sure that we connect the correct cables to the correct ports. HDMI 2.1 cables into the HDMI 2.1 port, etc, to benefit from the enhanced features and stuff. Not true for the GPU and monitor?
I have seen this on TV's and HDMI features, never seen it on a GPU.

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Makes no difference
But I always heard that some monitors and TVs came with multiple and different HDMI ports, and that we had to be careful to be sure that we connect the correct cables to the correct ports. HDMI 2.1 cables into the HDMI 2.1 port, etc, to benefit from the enhanced features and stuff. Not true for the GPU and monitor?

I have seen this on TV's and HDMI features, never seen it on a GPU.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

TRENDING THREADS