Does it money to move the internet box/router? (comcast)

FtmGaming

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
I have a wireless router that I want to move into my office, where my computer will be once I get it.
also, I don't believe my pc will have auto connect to the internet, so how could I go about connecting it without wires or an installed internet chip?

Solution
You can move the Comcast Modem or Gateway (Modem and Router combined) to anywhere where there is a power outlet AND a coax connection that is connected to your Comcast wiring. At my house I have a splitter that takes the line in from Comcast and splits it into multiple lines that run throughout my house. I can connect my Modem to any of those and it will work.

If you have a separate Modem and Router, then the same principle applies for the Modem, but the Router needs to be able to connect to the Modem via an Ethernet cable and it will also need a power outlet.

Your PC (I am assuming a desktop) will need a USB Wireless Adapter or a PCI Wireless Card in order to connect to your Wireless Router without wiring it in via Ethernet cable.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
You can move the Comcast Modem or Gateway (Modem and Router combined) to anywhere where there is a power outlet AND a coax connection that is connected to your Comcast wiring. At my house I have a splitter that takes the line in from Comcast and splits it into multiple lines that run throughout my house. I can connect my Modem to any of those and it will work.

If you have a separate Modem and Router, then the same principle applies for the Modem, but the Router needs to be able to connect to the Modem via an Ethernet cable and it will also need a power outlet.

Your PC (I am assuming a desktop) will need a USB Wireless Adapter or a PCI Wireless Card in order to connect to your Wireless Router without wiring it in via Ethernet cable.

Solution