[SOLVED] does it support nvme ssd ? Through some adapters atleast?If so how much is the speed lost?

Oct 28, 2020
My mobo is ga-f2a68hm-s1. I need to upgrade to an ssd and I noticed 1tb msata costs as much as an m2 nvme 1tb.my mobo doesn't have an m2 port I guess. So can I use an adapter from sata Or PCIe x 1 slots to connect to an m2 ssd. Basically is there any way I can connect an m2 nvme ssd to my motherboard and get atleast half the performance. And if there is a way how much of the performance am I sacrificing

USAFRet

Titan
For what use?
It almost certainly won't boot from a NVMe drive in a PCIe slot adapter.

In a board that old, you'll see ZERO difference between an NVMe drive and a good SATA III drive.
Even in new boards, the user facing difference is actually minimal.

Just get a SATA III SSD, and move on.

Oct 28, 2020
For what use?
It almost certainly won't boot from a NVMe drive in a PCIe slot adapter.

In a board that old, you'll see ZERO difference between an NVMe drive and a good SATA III drive.
Even in new boards, the user facing difference is actually minimal.

Just get a SATA III SSD, and move on.
Ok so I can use a pcie adapter to connect my mobo (ga-f2a68hm-s1) to a nvme without any other hardware issues?

Oct 28, 2020
Thanks for your help. I understood more in a few minutes than searching the whole internet for a day but the thing is I plan on changing the motherboard very soon and an nvme is a good hardware to have for a new motherboard.

USAFRet

Titan
Using a riser card of sorts.
How many different ways do you need to hear 'No', this is a worthless idea. Your existing motherboard has no concept of what to do with an NVMe drive.
Any adapters and risers you put in there simply increases cost, for zero performance gain, at best. It may even end up slower than a SATA III SSD.

You're just trolling now, right?