Question Does keeping processor at high frequency increase chances of causing any damage to it?

Aug 13, 2019
Hi

I discovered that when you put power plan in Windows to max performance it makes CPU run at almost highest frequency possible, on the internet I found different opinions, some people were claiming that this is reducing CPU's lifespan due to heat and others were saying that it doesn't matter at all as long as you have fine cooling, obviously

So, how is it in reality? Are there any downsides in terms of CPU's performance in future or lifespan when keeping it at high frequency? Should I change it back to balanced?

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
As long as your cooling can keep your cpu under throttling temp under load there is no chance of damage to your cpu.

If you have no overclock you should be safe to set to max performance and never have to worry about temps!

I OC my cpu +500mhz per core and have mine set to max performance and have had it running for over a year (at full speed) and have never had any problems and probably never will! my max cpu temps are 70ish under gaming load

In simple if your temps are low enough (under 80 degrees c) under full load you wont have any issues.
Unless you have a laptop then expect them to run hotter up to 90 degrees c safely