Does low freq bass hurt your ears?

As_Keksas_xD

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Hello so friend told me to listen to low bass song so i did and after it my ears hurts just a tiny bit after 40 min or so its almost gone so can this low bass lisening for 1-2min on headphones going to affect my hearing?

jossrik

Distinguished
Listening to loud music, bass, mid or treble can after time affect your hearing. However, most people are good for decades of listening to relatively loud music before they start to have problems. If your ears hurt for 40 minutes though, I would be careful about the volumes I listened to music at.

As_Keksas_xD

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017

i ussually listen on low vulumes and this is first time i triend low bass on medium volume ear is back to normal other is still feeling really really small pain but so small i dont realise that it exists

g-unit1111

Titan

A lot of that is genetics. If you have that kind of gene you should be fine. For me, though, I come from a family where tinnitus runs very deep and many members of my family (mainly the men) have experienced hearing loss at some point in their lives. That said I wouldn't risk it, you should always listen to music, movies, etc at volumes that are best for you and don't crank it up to the point where you could damage your hearing. Loud noises are kind of like alcohol and spicy foods - you can build up a tolerance by nature but too much and you can definitely overdo it to the point where it can physically affect you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY