[SOLVED] Does memory bus have any limitations on the amount of data can be transfer?

May 26, 2022
does "memory bus "have any limitations on amount of the data that can pass through it from memory to Cpu?

Last edited:
Solution
What i meant by that is does memory bus have any limitations amount of the data that can be transfer from memory to cpu?
Sure. There is a predefined number of bits that can be transferred at once. The number of transfers per second is defined by the memory clock. The total time for a transfer is determined by the timing parameters of the RAM. You can find calculators to determine the actual amount.
May 26, 2022
What i meant by that is does memory bus have any limitations on the amount of the data that can be transfer from memory to cpu?

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
What i meant by that is does memory bus have any limitations amount of the data that can be transfer from memory to cpu?
Sure. There is a predefined number of bits that can be transferred at once. The number of transfers per second is defined by the memory clock. The total time for a transfer is determined by the timing parameters of the RAM. You can find calculators to determine the actual amount.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution