Does Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro Actually Work? We Go Hands-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustjohnson

Reputable
May 21, 2015
Great review. I've been testing this out as well and have found it to be pretty effective. I manufacture an entire line of mounts that let you wear your phone, so this app is a great compliment to those that use their smartphone for action video recording. The Action Mount let's you use any phone. Tom, you should try it out!

f-14

Distinguished
only problem i have with this review: "Basically, I set out to make the worst source footage I could within 10 minutes." expecting the best from the worst is shaky reviewing technique at best. do the same with every iDevice, mount it upside down and to your review mirror (the least stable viewing source of any automobile i can immediately think of other than the license plate bracket with two screws mounted in the bottom of the frame.) give us something to compare it to.
nobody goes around trying to make the worst video, amateurs typically take the wrong equipment (any iDevice, because they think they can film starwars with their phones bwhahahahaaa) and try to make videos that always turn out like that.

so how much did apple pay for this advertisement and not to demonstrate their iDevices with this microsoft product? i'm guessing a 10% discount on an iPhone7 Gold when it comes out with some upc sized coupon.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I've been waiting so long since they first started demoing this software for a consumer release! The amount of technology and innovation running in the background while this thing works its magic is phenomenal...I expected it to be a much heavier program, turns out it's just a little 14mb bit of software... Psyched to finally hyperlapse at home

alextheblue

Distinguished
only problem i have with this review: "Basically, I set out to make the worst source footage I could within 10 minutes." expecting the best from the worst is shaky reviewing technique at best.

Man you clearly didn't read the whole article, or even skim it properly. When you feed it first person action video (which is what he did with the "worst case" source), then Microsoft's Hyperlapse WORKS! His videos demonstrate that it works great when used properly. He wasn't using an MS, Apple, or Android device anyway. It was a GoPro and a PC - but the important part is to watch the two bottom videos, and see how Hyperlapse kicks butt with first-person action video timelapses!

Status
Not open for further replies.