Question Does MOKA.file virus have a solution?

Sep 28, 2019
Its been a month I have been attacked by this virus that changes all the files to MOKA, and doesnt let you open any of the apps/files.
I have tried everything that was in web search.
If someone had the problem and fixed it, i really need to fix it .

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 14196

If the files are encrypted you will need a key To unlock them. so consider that data gone and you should reinstall windows fresh and get your back ups of data and restore them

Depends on the STOP variant. The ransomware malware authors have apparently changed the encryption method.

There was a decrypt for older variants found here:

Newer variants won't be helped by this tool.

Sep 28, 2019
I tried all the anti-viruses (Malwarebytes, Norton, AVG, Kaspersky etc etc)
Tried reinstalling all the windows and still didnt work..
This virus (MOKA) has also got in my second HDD, that makes it harder to remove maybe.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Doing a completely clean reinstall (options a & b are downloadable PDF files):

a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

c) How to do a CLEAN Installation of Windows 10 (Tom’s Hardware Forums, with screen shots)

I never choose the “thermonuclear option,” the completely clean reinstall, until it's clear that this is the only viable option.

If you have more than one disk, it is better to disconnect all except the one you wish to use as your system disk when reinstalling Windows 10. That being said, you could still use the diskpart command to do the cleaning on all disks before you disconnect those that will not be being used as the system disk when you're going through the reinstall process. Just make sure you select the disc you're actually going to be using as the system disk in diskpart before disconnecting the one(s) you're not and continuing with the reinstall.