Does Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and all the DLC work on Windows 8.1?

Solution
Morrowind would be the only game you need to worry about. The others played on Win7 so 8.1 shouldn't have an issue. I don't play RPGs so I have no idea. Getting them through steam or ??? Check their forums to see what others say.

4745454b

Titan
Morrowind would be the only game you need to worry about. The others played on Win7 so 8.1 shouldn't have an issue. I don't play RPGs so I have no idea. Getting them through steam or ??? Check their forums to see what others say.

Solution

jkarateking

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014

Thanks. Do all games that work on Win7 work on 8.1 then?

Obviously you did not see how many Windows 8 threads are out there asking how to get a game running.
Every game will run... its jsut a question of how hard it will be to get it running. As an example, I was playing Dungeon Keeper 1 on my Windows 7 Laptop, but needed to have DosBox for it.

In general there are 3 problems with Windows when it comes to games not running:
1- You made a clean install and are missing key elements that you installed in windows 7, bout you never remember. Those are things like silverlight, framework, directX (older versions sometimes), different driver versions, etc.
2- There is an incompatibility with Windows. Usually fixed by compatibility modes, administrator rights and similar. These are rarely the underlying issue.
3- Some new Windows security feature does not allow the game to work. Here is where you are boned until it becomes an issue popular enough for Windows to fix.

So... in general, You will not know until you try. Your PC and mine definitely dont have the same programs running, so there is no way to know for sure.