Does MSI B450i have 7.1 audio?

yes.

the 7.1means:

7= 7 audio channels
1= 1 low frequency effect.

all those signals pass through 1 cable and it doesnt matter if you plug it in through a 3.5mm jack or usb jack because the audio passes through the 7.1 audio IC. this means for you gamer , you can hook up a 7.1 headset to hear where footsteps are comming from.

POMMES95

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
Thanks superninja 12!
And what if I plug the 3 jacks into the 3 holes (mic + line in) and (as I know) realtek software asks me what are these cables? And I set them to serve as line out holes for 5.1. Is it possible?

I don’t have the motherboard yet, I’m planning to buy it, this is the reason I can’t try it.

POMMES95

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
I had bought the motherboard and tried the sound with 5.1, I was right, Realtek can handle the line-in, mic and audio in as a 5.1 out, so no need to buy any adapter.

Mar 29, 2019
I had bought the motherboard and tried the sound with 5.1, I was right, Realtek can handle the line-in, mic and audio in as a 5.1 out, so no need to buy any adapter.
how well does this work? does the sub work without any problems and pick up the signals it should (frequence)?
and does the mainboard allow you to use the front io audio connectors for eg use a headset without problem?

Apr 3, 2020
YZMtrAT.png

tZwAdnn.png

as it's stated in the user manual (eg: msi and asrock) you have to use the front audio panel for side speaker outputs. mainboard and audioa driver handles it.