vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
Hi, I have b450 tomahawk max (with latest bios, latest chipset drivers, ddu clean driver for gpu) paired with 5600x and two sticks of 8gb ddr4 ram on 3600Mhz cl16 19 19 39...
Now I bought RTX 3060 Ti and my framerate is like 139 average on warzone but everything on low I see some videos where average fps with same settings with 5800x3d with same motherboard like mine hit 178fps average...
BTW gpu % of usage is constantly 60-70% but also cpu stay in same range of use 60% what to do?
  1. I have bottleneck and need to change cpu to 5800x3d (or go with intel i5 13600kf)?
  2. I have bad ram kit need better ram memory?
  3. Need optimizing bios settings?

P.S. same story in Fortnite gpu and cpu is constantly in 60 to 70% range...
P.P.S. I have no idea how to optimize bios I only put on xmp 1 and enable c state and pbo that's it and boost in game is constantly 4.6Ghz...

PLEASE HELP! :'(

Reactions: jnjnilson6
Solution
Might want to wait for the 7600X3D / 7800X3D reviews before jumping on to them. 5800X3D is your most cost efficient option, 13600K with DDR4 would be next, but you could also get the fastest DDR5 for it...
Bottleneck is the wrong term here as you could fully utilise your gpu by turning up the game settings. It does seem likely the cpu is determining your max fps. The 5800X3D is approximately 20% faster but the amount depends on the game. The real question is would you actually notice a 39 fps difference, unlikely. If you switch off the fps counter and play the game are you happy with the experience? What Hz is your monitor?

You could run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results, it may indicate if something isn’t performing as it should.

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
Bottleneck is the wrong term here as you could fully utilise your gpu by turning up the game settings. It does seem likely the cpu is determining your max fps. The 5800X3D is approximately 20% faster but the amount depends on the game. The real question is would you actually notice a 39 fps difference, unlikely. If you switch off the fps counter and play the game are you happy with the experience? What Hz is your monitor?

You could run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results, it may indicate if something isn’t performing as it should.

Ok then explain this to me please
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzypW0pxEY&lc=UgzaaxO40BVC6aFEp294AaABAg.9kiSspdO2-P9l44Xxfw4x4

how its possible to hit this fps with same mobo same rtx 360ti but he has 5800x3d and gpu usage is 98% ?
- And here in comment someone what replay to me... :'( View: https://imgur.com/a/4wZuIaw

Ok then explain this to me please
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzypW0pxEY&lc=UgzaaxO40BVC6aFEp294AaABAg.9kiSspdO2-P9l44Xxfw4x4

how its possible to hit this fps with same mobo same rtx 360ti but he has 5800x3d and gpu usage is 98% ?
- And here in comment someone what replay to me... :'( View: https://imgur.com/a/4wZuIaw

A cpu bottleneck (terrible term anyway) is where you cannot fully utilise the gpu because of a cpu that is too weak. The 5600X is still a very good cpu and you could easily max out your gpu usage by increasing the game settings. By running low settings you are artificially causing what looks like a cpu bottleneck, this would happen on even the best gaming systems. What you describe is not a cpu bottleneck because of the low settings, turn the settings up and your gpu can be used 98-100%.

Now let’s forget the term bottleneck. Think of it like this, the cpu determines the best fps you can achieve. The gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that fps with. A 5800X3D is faster and can generate more fps but the big question is apart from a number on an fps counter does that difference make any material benefit to the game?

Then consider if you didn’t have an fps counter on would you be happy with performance? Does your monitor have high enough Hz to benefit from extra fps? You could try putting an fps cap at 110 and see if it feels any different to your 139, this is similar % difference to what you are looking at.

If you are not suffering any problem then there is nothing to fix. You might get a high fps number but if it’s negligible to game play you may end up disappointed that the cost didn’t bring something that was more noticeable. The old saying that comes to mind is if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it.

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
A cpu bottleneck (terrible term anyway) is where you cannot fully utilise the gpu because of a cpu that is too weak. The 5600X is still a very good cpu and you could easily max out your gpu usage by increasing the game settings. By running low settings you are artificially causing what looks like a cpu bottleneck, this would happen on even the best gaming systems. What you describe is not a cpu bottleneck because of the low settings, turn the settings up and your gpu can be used 98-100%.

Now let’s forget the term bottleneck. Think of it like this, the cpu determines the best fps you can achieve. The gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that fps with. A 5800X3D is faster and can generate more fps but the big question is apart from a number on an fps counter does that difference make any material benefit to the game.

Then consider if you didn’t have an fps counter on would you be happy with performance? Does your monitor have high enough Hz to benefit from extra fps? You could try putting an fps cap at 110 and see if it feels any different to your 139, this is similar % difference to what you are looking at.

If you are not suffering any problem then there is nothing to fix. You might get a high fps number but if it’s negligible to game play you may end up disappointed that the cost didn’t bring something that was more noticeable. The old saying that comes to mind is if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it.
Ok its not bottleneck its not get maxed out fps from my gpu... I bought RTX 3060Ti because I have 240hz monitor and I wanted to play with 185 average fps like this guy on the video... That's why I ask people to tell me what need to do, to get that fps...
BTW I played with 115fps average with my old gpu and now Iam playing almost with same fps and what's the point now of buying RTX 3060Ti and I spend 500 eur?
Do you get my point? And if you have some opinion to help thanks... :)

Ok its not bottleneck its not get maxed out fps from my gpu... I bought RTX 3060Ti because I have 240hz monitor and I wanted to play with 185 average fps like this guy on the video... That's why I ask people to tell me what need to do, to get that fps...
BTW I played with 115fps average with my old gpu and now Iam playing almost with same fps and what's the point now of buying RTX 3060Ti and I spend 500 eur?
Do you get my point? And if you have some opinion to help thanks... :)
You are at the maximum fps your cpu can deliver. The main advantage of a gpu upgrade is being able to run higher game settings/resolution. You can go with a 5800X3D to push the best fps you can get out of the AM4 platform but don’t expect it to feel like a big upgrade. I upgraded a 3700X to a 5800X3D which is about a 40% increase in gaming performance. It certainly pushed up the fps, however, I would only describe it as a noticeable improvement in gameplay but not big. Going from a 5600X you will get about half the improvement I did and I suspect you will barely feel a difference. I am also using a 240Hz monitor.

Get the faster cpu if you want higher fps. Just manage your expectations of how much better your games will feel. This upgrade isn’t that big.

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
You are at the maximum fps your cpu can deliver. The main advantage of a gpu upgrade is being able to run higher game settings/resolution. You can go with a 5800X3D to push the best fps you can get out of the AM4 platform but don’t expect it to feel like a big upgrade. I upgraded a 3700X to a 5800X3D which is about a 40% increase in gaming performance. It certainly pushed up the fps, however, I would only describe it as a noticeable improvement in gameplay but not big. Going from a 5600X you will get about half the improvement I did and I suspect you will barely feel a difference. I am also using a 240Hz monitor.

Get the faster cpu if you want higher fps. Just manage your expectations of how much better your games will feel. This upgrade isn’t that big.
This is SAD bro View: https://imgur.com/a/rAFLcFv
I definitely need new cpu, this is what I get and I literally copy paste settings from that guy from video and lend on same spot where he achieve 185 fps... like difference is so so big 70% boost... like... and you convincing me that I am good... If I want to play whit this fps I dont need to spend 500 eur for new gpu...

* ok never mind definitely I need new cpu but what are you guys recommend 5800x3d or i5 13600k? *
I'am playing Fortnite and Warzone on competitive settings and need max fps not quality thanks :)

This is SAD bro View: https://imgur.com/a/rAFLcFv
I definitely need new cpu, this is what I get and I literally copy paste settings from that guy from video and lend on same spot where he achieve 185 fps... like difference is so so big 70% boost... like... and you convincing me that I am good... If I want to play whit this fps I dont need to spend 500 eur for new gpu...

* ok never mind definitely I need new cpu but what are you guys recommend 5800x3d or i5 13600k? *
I'am playing Fortnite and Warzone on competitive settings and need max fps not quality thanks :)

Never ever, ever, EVER.....EEEVVVVEEERRRRR go by CPU utilization in an overlay like that, at least not when it is a single number. You do not have a CPU you have SIX (in your case). That number you are looking at represents a rough average core load. Depending on the game you could have one, two, three, four or whatever cores doing the heavy lifting. one of those core will be the main thread. if that core is at 100% you WILL see hitching, and low frame rates. You cannot determine this with a single number average. Use a different program to find the issue.

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
Never ever, ever, EVER.....EEEVVVVEEERRRRR go by CPU utilization in an overlay like that, at least not when it is a single number. You do not have a CPU you have SIX (in your case). That number you are looking at represents a rough average core load. Depending on the game you could have one, two, three, four or whatever cores doing the heavy lifting. one of those core will be the main thread. if that core is at 100% you WILL see hitching, and low frame rates. You cannot determine this with a single number average. Use a different program to find the issue.
Bro whenever you look 5600x it's not enough to squeeze out max fps of 3060ti... we solved this, I need to think of buying new cpu... 😕

germz1986

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2013
I have a 5600x and a 3070. My GPU usage in games that are demanding is always 99% while under my vsync fps.....While I do not play forknife, just as an example in high fps gaming, 3440 x 1440 everything high, and like ~24 render distance in Minecraft I don't drop below 150 ish and usually standing still above 400. Is are there faster CPUS to extract some more performance? Sure.

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
I have a 5600x and a 3070. My GPU usage in games that are demanding is always 99% while under my vsync fps.....While I do not play forknife, just as an example in high fps gaming, 3440 x 1440 everything high, and like ~24 render distance in Minecraft I don't drop below 150 ish and usually standing still above 400. Is are there faster CPUS to extract some more performance? Sure.
can you tell me for warzone 2.0 on low settings, dlls balanced, 1080p how much fps and gpu usage you have please 🙏 take a screenshot or pic please I need to know if it is something wrong with my pc why I doesn't get 180fps average...

germz1986

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2013
5600x, 3070, 1080p, some default low settings. screens here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VIMWtfA5X7Y_Cy8HNp-2Lu8b0BreUS9r/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exLP5O-Bi-cRqKMqdZPWRki-1QMK3UlE/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFET7Pdi_2xOMvRx304-8gpSKtOKhfVy/view?usp=sharing
I have never played this game lol, beginning of match was 170fps, saw it dip down into the ~150's when driving or in a fire fight. Never saw cpu usage past about mid 50's, then at the same time gpu usage was also not pegged.

So? Had task manager open during a second match to see what cores/threads this game was using. Seems its happy to use all of them. If the game is using all of the available threads, but only utilizing them about 50%, and no single thread is at 90+%, and also at the same time the gpu is also not 100% utilization, where is the bottleneck?

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
5600x, 3070, 1080p, some default low settings. screens here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VIMWtfA5X7Y_Cy8HNp-2Lu8b0BreUS9r/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exLP5O-Bi-cRqKMqdZPWRki-1QMK3UlE/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFET7Pdi_2xOMvRx304-8gpSKtOKhfVy/view?usp=sharing
I have never played this game lol, beginning of match was 170fps, saw it dip down into the ~150's when driving or in a fire fight. Never saw cpu usage past about mid 50's, then at the same time gpu usage was also not pegged.

So? Had task manager open during a second match to see what cores/threads this game was using. Seems its happy to use all of them. If the game is using all of the available threads, but only utilizing them about 50%, and no single thread is at 90+%, and also at the same time the gpu is also not 100% utilization, where is the bottleneck?
with 3070 my cousin play with 220fps average on that settings but they have 13700k paired... never mind I need new cpu.
when I bought it I will post video how is my fps I will make comparison with 5600x and 5800x3d just to solve the mystery about pairing cpu and gpu 🤓

Reactions: germz1986
Bro whenever you look 5600x it's not enough to squeeze out max fps of 3060ti... we solved this, I need to think of buying new cpu... 😕

I never said you did or didn't need to do any such thing. I merely pointed out that like many others your testing methodology is flawed. Looking at per core usage will likely CONFIRM that the CPU is indeed the issue. Would you rather just guess? Or would you rather know for sure. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day..