[SOLVED] Does my ASUS Z97-A have a TPM 2.0 Header slot? How to check for other motherboards as well?

leolionhunt

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
I have had this motherboard for years now and ever since Windows 11 got announced, I just found out that I am not meeting the minimum specifications due to the lack of TPM 2.0. Upon research I found out that Asus offers the TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin TPM Module which can enable TPM for their motherboards. Since I am not well versed in motherboards, I want to know if my current ASUS Z97-A has a TPM Module slot in it or not?

Also, since I am planning on upgrading to a whole different PC soon, ( the new one most likely has the ASUS TUF Z590-Plus (WIFI 6)), how would I check if this motherboard has TPM 2.0 built-in, or if it too can install the TPM 2.0 Module as well?

I would really appreciate any advice regarding this. Thanks.

Reactions: slickshoes182
Jun 25, 2021
I'm currently asking the question to Asus support and waiting to hear back from them. The motherboard does have a TPM header, with a 14-1 pin I just don't know if the 14 pin TPM-M R2 are compatible - this will be determined partly down the bios.

Interestingly though, windows 11 can be used with TPM 1.2 upwards, it will just warn you if thr TPM version is less than 2

Reactions: slickshoes182

mkanet2

Honorable
Mar 14, 2015
I also have a Z97 Pro; which still isn't that old of a motherboard. I'd like to know how I can make my motherboard compatible with Windows 11. Hopefully, its not a hassle to do.

mkanet2

Honorable
Mar 14, 2015
I'm currently asking the question to Asus support and waiting to hear back from them. The motherboard does have a TPM header, with a 14-1 pin I just don't know if the 14 pin TPM-M R2 are compatible - this will be determined partly down the bios.

Interestingly though, windows 11 can be used with TPM 1.2 upwards, it will just warn you if thr TPM version is less than 2

Can you please tell me exactly what Asus support says? Could you please point me to what I need to buy (and where) and how to install it?