[SOLVED] Does my computer AND headphones need bluetooth 5.0 to work?

Apr 30, 2019
So after lots of research, I've found that when using a bluetooth headset on Windows, you cannot have both A2DP and HFP at the same time. After reading a bit about Bluetooth 5.0, it looks like it supports the broadcasting to up to two devices to a time.

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort II headphones that I want to use with my PC. With my current 4.0 adapter, I cannot use A2DP and HFP profiles at the same time. Would a 5.0 adapter allow this to work? Or do the headphones needs to be 5.0 compatible as well?

Solution
That is a question you should ask Bose Customer Support. I'm not sure anyone can give you a definite answer. It is possible A2DP and HFP profiles will operate simultaneously, but there is no guarantee they will.
Apr 30, 2019
Here's what I got in repsonse from Bose:

"It is not possible to enable A2DP and HFP/HSP at the same time on the QuietComfort 35 II's. Regardless of the Bluetooth version on your device, it is down to the headset. After looking into this, it is apparent that the headset will need to provide backchannel support for this to work, and regrettably, these headphones do not."

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

TRENDING THREADS