Does my computer have a virus or is my internet taking a dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsick7x

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hello everyone!

This past weekend I was trying to download a game from Steam. Normally I would download at 2.5 mbps, and now im downloading at 256 kbps ! I checked Speedtest.net and my internet has gone from over 30 mbps download speed to now .3mbps! Youtube videos load slow, and my internet seems slower overall. I had this problem last month with TimeWarner cable where my internet randomly started going slow, so I upgraded and its happening again. Ive reset my router and still having the issue. But with that information you would think its TimeWarners fault right?

I have windows7 and in the bottom right hand corner when I click the bottom up arrow and click the flag with a ! point in it. It says:

Windows has detected VirTool:Win32/BeeInject, a known computer virus, on your computer.

To remove the virus from your computer, follow these instructions:

Go to the following website:
Microsoft Safety Scanner

I have scanned my computer with AVG, anti malwarebytes, Ccleaner, Microsoft Safety Scanner, AD-ware SE, everything I have to find the virus and kill it! But the anti virus programs wont kill the virus :(.
What should I do ?

Was this message from Microsoft Security Essentials? I'm just asking because we stopped using it at work due to too many viruses/malware getting through. I don't know if the newest version is still having this problem. In this case it appears it does.

jsick7x

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials from the link above and its doing a full scan, already 3 hours in and not even a quarter of the way done :(. Hopefully it kills the virus. If it doesnt kill the virus is it possible to go 2 weeks back in time ?

jsick7x

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Well I ran Microsoft security essentials, and it never said it found the virus but the virus isnt showing up anymore. I called TimeWarner and they found the problem. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.