Does my cpu bottleneck my gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisperth

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I bought a new gpu, the MSI r9 390x. I removed my old 7870 and installed the new one. I then decided to do a clean install of windows 10. Downloaded the latest drivers and loaded up GTA V and League of Legends. The fps in GTA V kinda disappointed me from what i was expecting. And in LoL I didn't even notice any big differences. I wanted to go and stream the game and it would have been nice if my fps was boosted more. My fps without streaming is almost the same as someone who was streaming with a gtx 970.

I have a AMD fx-8320 stock clocked cpu, i already checked the cpu load and it doenst go to 100%, also the temperatures of both my gpu and cpu are normal and what i am used to get.

So i mainly want to get higher fps but i dont know where the problem of my rig lies, maybe someone could help.

Gear:
Mobo: Asrock 970 pro 3
Cpu: AMD Fx 8320 stock clocked
Gpu: MSI R9 390x Gaming
Psu: Coolermaster V750

Solution
In gaming, the FX-8320 really is not very powerful compared to an i5 or i7 CPU, even from much earlier generations like Sandy Bridge. To get the most out of your card, you may want to go for an overclock, though anything much higher than stock will certainly require an aftermarket cooler.

Slashgeek

Admirable
In gaming, the FX-8320 really is not very powerful compared to an i5 or i7 CPU, even from much earlier generations like Sandy Bridge. To get the most out of your card, you may want to go for an overclock, though anything much higher than stock will certainly require an aftermarket cooler.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS