Question Does my GPU matters if i plan to stream with my 5900x ?

Dec 6, 2021
I'm having a hard time deciding to either get a 6900 xt or a 3080/ 3080 ti, i've done some research and from what i've grasped, i can just get any of those and do fine using my CPU as a main encoder.

Will i have any benefits going for one or the other ?

Edit : Forgot to mention that i also use Pr Pro and After Effects i don't know if i'd benefit from one gpu there too.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What app will you be using to perform said streaming duties? Are you going to be gaming and streaming off the same system using the aforementioned GPU(s) and CPU? If so, make sure you have copious amounts of ram(rated to run at DDR4-3600MHz, if on the B550 or X570 chipset). I'd side with the RTX3080Ti out of those GPU's for graphical fidelity. Ofc, you could keep it an all-AMD affair with the same camp's CPU and GPU in your build.

Reactions: 0uyagi
Dec 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What app will you be using to perform said streaming duties? Are you going to be gaming and streaming off the same system using the aforementioned GPU(s) and CPU? If so, make sure you have copious amounts of ram(rated to run at DDR4-3600MHz, if on the B550 or X570 chipset). I'd side with the RTX3080Ti out of those GPU's for graphical fidelity. Ofc, you could keep it an all-AMD affair with the same camp's CPU and GPU in your build.

Thanks ! I'd use OBS but then again i've heard it's a headache with AMD... in terms of ram i have 32gb of DDR4 3600mhz with an msi x570 gaming pro carbon wifi with said 5900x, i will stream and play on the same system.