[SOLVED] Does my monitor have Internal Speakers?

wilsonshresthaapps

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I have a Philips 243V Monitor and I am not sure if this monitor has internal speakers. I can see the setting in the sound menu but I hear no sound coming from the monitor when I select that option. I have attached the monitor with the PC with a HDMI cable and I can't find 3.5 mm headphone jack on the back of the monitor.
1zcllqb.png

2a6uog7.png

Solution

It may have speakers, but no headphone jack for output.

wilsonshresthaapps

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

So monitors with no headphones jack doesn't have inbuilt speaker? If yes why is the volume control option shown on the option menu?

USAFRet

Titan

It may have speakers, but no headphone jack for output.

Solution

wilsonshresthaapps

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

Yes that's my problem. I couldn't get the audio output from the monitor. I don't know what's the problem.

wilsonshresthaapps

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

No you are not getting what I am saying. I mean the does the HDMI cable also transfer the sound? And, why is there inbuilt speaker if we cannot get the audio output? Is it some driver problem?

USAFRet

Titan

Yes, HDMI transmits sound. That monitor seems to have its own speakers.
That does not mean it also has a headphone jack.

wilsonshresthaapps

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

Ok i fully understood the part that the monitor doesn't have a headphone jack. I just couldn't hear the sound from the internal speaker inside the monitor. I mean I can fully control the volume as you can see from the above screenshot and it shows as a nvidia high definition audio and the device is recognized but when I play something I don't hear any sound.

USAFRet

Titan

Go into the settings on the monitor for the Audio. Maybe it's on mute.