[SOLVED] Does my motherboard accept pcie ssds?

boknrd

Commendable
Aug 22, 2017
I have a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 mother board that i purchased a few years ago and my current hard drive is failing so i was thinking of upgrading to an ssd. My question is does my mother board accept pcie ssds? im looking online and i can not find an answers.

Solution
I have a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 mother board that i purchased a few years ago and my current hard drive is failing so i was thinking of upgrading to an ssd. My question is does my mother board accept pcie ssds? im looking online and i can not find an answers.
No M.2 port on that.
And unlikely it would boot from a drive in an adapter slot.
Lastly, the performance difference isn't as great as the benchmarks make it out to be, especially for the Windows drive.

Just get a good quality 2.5" SATA III SSD, and save a few $$.

USAFRet

Titan
No M.2 port on that.
And unlikely it would boot from a drive in an adapter slot.
Lastly, the performance difference isn't as great as the benchmarks make it out to be, especially for the Windows drive.

Just get a good quality 2.5" SATA III SSD, and save a few $$.

Reactions: boknrd
Solution