[SOLVED] Does my motherboard can have a cable that convert from usb 3.0 to 2.0 ?

chocolade13091972

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Now in my pc there are about 9 usb connections but they are all version 3.0 or 3.1 and to install windows 7 I need usb 2 port.
The reason is that if I install windows 7 through usb 3 port, on the setup screen the mouse and keyboard are not responding.

I saw in some places internal cables for the motherboard that convert from usb 3 to usb 2 for example :

מתאם USB3.0 זכר ל- USB2.0 נקבה פנימי ללוח אורך 30 ס''מ דגם 83281 | USB 3.0 כבלים ומתאמים | USB כבלים ממירים מתאמים ומפצלים | CABLE

and

מתאם USB3.0 נקבה ל-USB2.0 זכר פנימי ללוח אורך 30 ס''מ דגם 83095 | USB 3.0 כבלים ומתאמים | USB כבלים ממירים מתאמים ומפצלים | CABLE

Not sure what I need male to female or female to male but this cables should convert usb 3 to usb 2 I just wonder if I can connect this cables to my motherboard at all ?
If my motherboard will support it ?

This is my motherboard :

Z390 GAMING X (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

and the main reason for all that is because I cant run battlefield bad company 2 on my pc after making clean install of windows 10 so I need to install windows 7 then install the game then upgrade to windows 10.
but I can't install windows 7 because the keyboard and mouse not responding when getting to the windows 7 installation settings screen. and I tried anything to fix it nothing worked so far.

another option can be to buy and put dvd burner inside my pc and burn windows 7 iso to a new dvd and then boot from that but again I'm not if it will work either.

I have the windows 7 iso file I just can't install it yet. I created a usb flash drive bootable of the windows 7 iso file but the keyboard and mouse will not work with the windows 7 installation and usb 3.

Solution
Z390 Gaming X has USB 2.0/1.1 ports - 2 on back panel and
2 ports available via internal USB 2.0 header.

Unfortunately USB 2.0 version is not the issue here.
USB drivers need to be integrated into windows 7 install media, before you can install it onto a modern system.
If you're installing on NVME drive, then also 2 hotfixes and nvme drivers need to be integrated into installation.

Use gigabyte windows USB install tool to integrate drivers/hotfixes.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=windows&p=1
Choose download for Z370 chipset boards.