Jan 12, 2020
...I have DDR3 6GB Ram stick,the cheapest ones.Im looking for a upgrade on ram,i saw a really good price on Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8 DDR3 16GB kit 1866mhz,now my question is will my ASUS P8H61-M support this ram? My motherboard supports UP TO 16GB of ram,speed PC3-10600, PC3-8500.Bus Clock- 1333 MHz, 1066 MHz.Now im not sure does this mean that my motherboard can support UP to 1333MHz? Orrr 1066? What is the best ram for my motherboard if i want to play games...I dont want to upgrade my entire cpu and motherboard just for the few frames i get more,my main focus is ram and just the cpu.While at it what is the best LGA 1155 processor?.So i have 3 questions here XD sorry.

First there's no such thing as "gaming" RAM. It may be marketed like that but its the same stuff, maybe with a fancy heatsink or RGB on it but fundamentally the same.

But to anser your question, yes it will work however your Mobo can only run RAM at a maximum of 1333mhz, so if you bought that RAM it would only run at 1333.

The biggest upgrade this will give you is the fact it will be match Dual Channel RAM and be 16GB so plenty for gaming. I wouldn't spend a lot on it though, and if you can find cheaper RAM get that as DDR3 is obsolete and the investment should be minimal. As far as your CPU, the best for that socket would be the i7-3700K. Again dont spend too much, its better if you just save up and get a modern platform which will include a new CPU, Mobo and DDR4 RAM.

Reactions: MrPehlic
Jan 12, 2020
First there's no such thing as "gaming" RAM. It may be marketed like that but its the same stuff, maybe with a fancy heatsink or RGB on it but fundamentally the same.

But to anser your question, yes it will work however your Mobo can only run RAM at a maximum of 1333mhz, so if you bought that RAM it would only run at 1333.

The biggest upgrade this will give you is the fact it will be match Dual Channel RAM and be 16GB so plenty for gaming. I wouldn't spend a lot on it though, and if you can find cheaper RAM get that as DDR3 is obsolete and the investment should be minimal. As far as your CPU, the best for that socket would be the i7-3700K. Again dont spend too much, its better if you just save up and get a modern platform which will include a new CPU, Mobo and DDR4 RAM.
Thanks,...I would love to save up but i feel like it would take too much time since i dont work anywhere im 16 and the only income are both of my brothers who give me about 50€ everymonth.But i now know what to look for.

TRENDING THREADS