• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Does my motherboard support pwm

Oct 16, 2019
It's a gigabyte z97 d3h, I'm planning on getting a Corsair ML120.

I've heard though on this site in a previous thread and elsewhere that other than the CPU fan, despite having other 4 pin slots, only the CPU fan is actually PWM.

If this is the case, will my PWM fan max out at full speed?

Or will it work fine, will I need as splitter?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
You're dealing with a board that may or may not have PWM support on the other fan headers in spite of them being 4 pin as well. it wasn't until the 100 series came to be where all Z series boards had PWM support on all headers. You could use the CPU_OPT header to probably get a secondary PWM signal source but I'd ask you to invest in a PWM fan hub and run that off the CPU_Fan header.

Oct 16, 2019
You're dealing with a board that may or may not have PWM support on the other fan headers in spite of them being 4 pin as well. it wasn't until the 100 series came to be where all Z series boards had PWM support on all headers. You could use the CPU_OPT header to probably get a secondary PWM signal source but I'd ask you to invest in a PWM fan hub and run that off the CPU_Fan header.
can i just not use a splitter?

If I get the pwm fan, will it run at full speed

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS