Does my Motherboard support Windows 7?

Sep 24, 2018
Does my GA-VM800M-775 Support windows 7? I tried to ask Gigabyte's support and they said it doesn't and it has no drivers for it. When i've seen a youtube video that is showing clearly that the motherboard can run Windows 7.

Solution

It officially has no drivers but will most likely work just fine with windows 7.

It officially has no drivers but will most likely work just fine with windows 7.

Solution

It might just work with the basic drivers. Then if you want you can start looking for drivers for the audio chip, lan chip, gpu,...

You've answered your own question since apparently it's shown working on Youtube.

Generally speaking the DRIVERS for older motherboards (if not too ridiculously old) have drivers in newer OS's. Most or all the drivers should install automatically so don't install them if unsure.

Probably W10 would work fine too. I'm not sure the reason for asking completely so it's hard to comment further.

SYSTEM MEMORY at most will be 2GB (2x1GB DDR) so you'll want to limit things like the number of browser tabs open.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from lmistspear : "Windows 7 and drivers"

Just look at your other post from the other day - you got pretty much the same answer
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3791329/motherboard-support-windows.html