does my motherboard supports the gtx 1050 ti ?

Dec 9, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sharegamer1946 : "hello I have computer Hewlett-packard with motherboard model is : p6-2410sem"

hello I have computer Hewlett-packard with motherboard model is : p6-2410sem and the bios mode : UEFI but its very old from 7 years and I want to buy : https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-1050-OC-4GT/dp/B01MG3IX4F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544383566&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+gaming+geforce+gtx+1050+ti+4gb+gdrr5+128-bit+hdcp+support+directx+12+dual+fan+oc+graphics+card . please answer this

Should work, if an update for the BIOS of your HP, beginning with an 8xxx version is available. Update before installing the 1050TI.
It won´t need an additional power plug too, so the power supply should work with it as well.
Be sure it will fit in length into your case.

If it really works, after installing the GPU, use DDU uninstaller in windows to remove any old graphics drivers and install the latest nvidia.com driver

Dec 9, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sharegamer1946 : "How to know about if i have 16x slot or not?"

My pc is hp from 2013 And not for gaming its can accept 16x slot cuse cpu z wrote the max is 8x.

prestonter99

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sharegamer1946 : "Can u help me to know if i have 16x slot or not and can accept 1050 ti gtx OC or not"

Please update post with correct model names so I can see if the GPU is compatible.

From what I can see this looks like an HP OEM system so you would need to find what kind of CPU you have because there could be a major bottleneck from your CPU.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Stick to one thread please.

If the motherboard Kanewolf linked is the same as your motherboard, then it has a PCI-Ex16 expansion slot for a graphics card. Given that it accepts 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen Intel Core I-series processors, I would expect the GTX 1050Ti to work.

-Wolf sends

MERGED QUESTION
Question from sharegamer1946 : "How to know about if i have 16x slot or not?"

even running pci 2.0 8x still wouldnt affect the performance

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/#Conclusion
Our testing has pretty clearly shown that for gaming using either PCI-E 2.0 or PCI-E 3.0 will give you nearly identical performance. Oddly, in some benchmarks PCI-E 2.0 was actually faster than PCI-E 3.0. At the same time, x16 was not consistantly faster than x8. Again, x8 was actually faster than x16 in many cases.

wow!
im out

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're worrying about the wrong thing. Just because CPU-Z states, "Max x8", does NOT mean you cannot install a PCI-Ex16 graphics card into the slot. It just means the bandwidth is limited to x8 (from x16) which is a non-issue with the lower-end graphics card.

As Helpstar and I have already stated, the main issue is the BIOS which has been updated. NO ONE can say any better than Helpstar did when s/he said "80%" probability it will work.

-Wolf sends